30 Things I Did In June

17:50

This month was definitely a busy one. That's why I thought that I would finally be able to post one of these and say I didn't struggle to get 30 things but even when a lot of things go down in a month, I still seem to struggle. I got to about 20 and then I was stumped.
That being said I think this might be the end of these type of blog posts. Which is kind of sad because I wanted to keep doing them to see it through to the end of the year. But at the same time, I want to do a bit of redesign on the blog. Every so often I get these bursts of inspiration for things like writing and it makes me want to drop everything and start fresh.
But instead of deleting yet another blog, I have decided to just change this one. I have now had this blog for about 3 years and I think that's a pretty big accomplishment so I want to keep it going, but change up the style. Hopefully this means that I will post more often but I have no idea. Let's just see where it goes.
Anyway, for the last time, here are 30 things I did in June:

  1. Played a lot of Sims 4 with the new Parenthood game pack. It's just so great. I haven't been this excited about a game pack since Dine Out was released last year.
  2. Got annoyed at the bugs that came with the new Sims game pack. With every new addition of course things aren't going to run perfectly but still, experiencing bugs aren't great.
  3. Enjoyed seeing the return of Nashville. It was on a super long hiatus and I almost forgot about it. But it's back and it's fabulous.
  4. Got sucked into playing Stardew Valley after my brother bought it for me as a birthday present. I resisted for a while because I didn't think it would be my thing, it is heavily based on Harvest Moon and the one Harvest Moon game I played, I didn't like. But I have been really enjoying Stardew Valley.
  5. Played through my first year in Stardew Valley. Kind of sad that during winter we can't actually plant any crops. Makes for a very long month.
  6. Attended my third hackathon. We threw together a team last minute and powered through from 4 p.m to 4 a.m. Definitely a challenge but I had a lot of fun. We didn't win but we did come close, another team just had a better idea.
  7. Went to England to visit my friend Jasmine at university. I flew on a plane by myself for the first time and I survived so I think that's pretty great. It was also great to see Jasmine again.
  8. Had Stardew Valley withdrawals when in England. I missed the farm life.
  9. When in England, at the amusements the ticket prize people were super nice and one of them gave us a free wonder woman bobble head haha. It was worth 2000 tickets but we got it for free.
  10. Died in the heat in England. So much warmer than I'm used to and trying to sleep was next to impossible. How people wear jeans in that weather I will never know.
  11. Crashed a 7 year old's birthday party with Jasmine. She was invited by her boyfriend's family but we literally knew no one else there haha. Still had fun though.
  12. Played Overcooked with Jasmine and her boyfriend's family. I really liked the game and decided to buy it when I came home from England. It's definitely not as fun to play by yourself but it is twice the challenge haha. Definitely something to play with friends and family.
  13. Celebrated my 20th birthday. I made last minute plans when coming back from England so basically no one was available because they are all working. Such is the struggle when all your friends are growing up but I still had a good time.
  14. Went to the ballet for the first time with one of my best friends. She had to review it for a magazine and got a plus one and who was I to turn down such an offer? It was interesting and I enjoyed it as my first ballet.
  15. Went to Dublin with my boyfriend for the weekend as a birthday surprise. He's so cute. I love him.
  16. Celebrated pride in Dublin. It was my first time ever going to a pride parade and I loved every second of it.
  17. Got rejected entry from a bar in Dublin as you had to be 21. It was kind of a bummer because it wasn't something I was expecting but we found somewhere else to go.
  18. I was sad that another year went by that I was not able to attend Vidcon LA. I will one day though.
  19. Freaked at the PLL finale. 7 years of my life and it's over. It's just kind of hard to believe. I mean the finale lacked in some areas for sure but I am content enough with the finale to let the show go. Hopefully the show I find to replace it is just as good.
  20. Made a lot of Pretty Little Liars videos coming up to the end of the show. I had to get my thoughts out there into the world and with so little episodes left there was so much to say.
  21. Loved the crowning of America's Next Drag Super Star on RuPaul's Drag Race. This season they did the finale differently and I wasn't sure how to feel about it but when I saw Sasha lip sync I knew she was the clear winner.
  22. Binge-watched Orange is the New Black in 2 days. Guys, this season was kind of crazy and I found it hard to believe everything that happened in the riot only lasted a few days. Also hate how they ended on a cliffhanger. I just need to know what happens now.
  23. They finally announced the release of Dr. Kawashima's Devilish Brain Training: Can You Stay Focused? In Europe. I have been waiting for this game basically since I found out there was one. I have the other two Brain Training games so naturally I was excited for this one. So I got to preordering and I can't wait to get it.
  24. Started an Instagram for Sims 4 gameplay. I'm not really sure why but I had all these pretty screenshots from a Sims wedding and thought, yes Sims needs Instagram haha. I don't post anything different than what I post on my Sims Tumblr but I thought why not? Just something a little extra to do.
  25. Turned my Snapchat map off. There's something not right about knowing the exact location of someone all the time. Although I did see a meme about it trying to be the next Gossip Girl spotted map and I totally agree.
  26. Showed my family my Echo at my birthday and now they all want one. I honestly didn't think they would be that interested but apparently I was wrong.
  27. Unsuccesfully tried to make plans with people now that I was off for Summer break. Everyone is working and then there's just me... 
  28. Celebrated my 4th year being mayor of my Animal Crossing: New Leaf town. Can't believe the game is 4 years old now. I can remember how exciting it was to get a new Animal Crossing game. I'm patiently waiting for them to announce the game for the Switch. At least I hope they will make one.
  29. Slept a lot. Basically just enjoyed not having to stress over uni work for once haha.
  30. Became obsessed with the song One Last Time by Ariana Grande after the One Love Manchester concert. I never properly listened to the song until then and I really love it.
Overall I had a really great month. I kept myself busy and got to rest after another crazy year at university.
Now that this is my last list, I can't promise monthly updates on the blog. But I will try to post more often. I also want to stop posting so much about TV Shows. I didn't mean to get so into posting about TV Shows here but that became a really big thing for a while. So did YouTuber book reviews which I liked because it meant I was reading. These days, not so much. So I need to get back onto that.
So yeah, here's to looking forward to a (hopefully) new redesigned blog!
~ Courtney x

You Might Also Like

0 comments