April Favourites 2016

19:00

I think I might be a little bit late with this but I thought I would share my favourites from last month with you guys anyway. Normally I make a YouTube video talking about my monthly favourites but this month when I sat down to make the video I didn't like how it turned out and so I thought a blog post might be more fitting. Plus it doesn't hurt to mix things up every once in a while. So without further ado, here were some of my favourite things from last month.

Suits


I always end up with TV shows in my favourites, this month being no exception. Suits is the newest TV show to enter my life and I am obsessed. At first, I wasn't sure what to make of it. The TV show was suggested to me by a friend, and I'm one of those people that doesn't usually take TV show suggestions from people. It sounds weird but I just don't do it, I'd rather find TV shows on my own. But I'm really glad I decided to take my friend's suggestion on this one.
I am currently two episodes away from the end of season 5 and I am dying to know what happens next. My friend says that I'll be crying by the end of the season and so I'm partially dreading finding out what happens but I think I'm willing to risk the heartbreak rather than not knowing at all.

The Amazing Race


Another TV show that I have been loving in April has been the Amazing Race. This season in particular is a favourite of mine because it had two of my favourite YouTubers in it: Tyler Oakley and Blair Fowler. They were not in the same team, however I still enjoyed watching both of them on the show. I was really sad to see Blair and her dad eliminated early on in the race, however I have confidence that Tyler and Korey are going to win the 1 million dollars.
We are only one episode away from the final of the Amazing Race now, it's kind of crazy to think how much time has passed but I have loved every second of this season. Especially Tyler and Korey, they are just really fun to watch. And even if you didn't know who Tyler was before starting the season, I'm sure you'd end up loving him by the end as well.
As for the other two teams in the final I like them a lot too. Although I'm still #TeamTylerAndKorey all the way.
If you are interested in knowing more about my thoughts on the teams in this season of the Amazing Race, I actually made a blog post talking about them a couple of months ago. So feel free to check that out.

Nashville


Yet another TV show that I hold near and dear to my heart. I discovered Nashville about a year and a half ago and have been in love ever since. Surprisingly, it was another recommendation from a friend.
I have just really been loving this whole season of Nashville because it has been super dramatic. There is never a dull moment and since the show came back after Christmas I have been dying every episode.
I'm also really loving the show because Juliette has returned and I could not be happier. Juliette is my favourite character on the show and so when she was absent for a few weeks I really missed her. So I'm glad she's back again. I also have found the storyline between Maddie and Rayna really heartbreaking. And don't even get me started on the whole Will thing...If you guys follow me on Twitter then you know all about my feelings towards this show.

Neko Atsume


Finally, a favourite that's not a TV show! So I have seen photos of Neko Astume on the Internet before. The first time I saw it was on Twitter and I wanted to know what it was about. I resisted getting the app for ages because it didn't seem worth the time but now that I've downloaded it I am obsessed.
If you don't know what the game is, it's a Japanese game, Neko Atsume translates to Kitty Collector. And that's essentially all that you do. You buy toys/food and set them in a garden to lure cats in and then you check back in the game every so often to see if there are any cats there. You can't do anything with the cats other than click on them to find out information about them and take photos of them but that's all you need the app to do.
I know it doesn't sound like much, but I find myself checking this game at least 50 times a day. And if you follow me on Twitter then I'm pretty sure you have seen my many photos of the game throughout the last month.

Animal Crossing


So technically I would list Animal Crossing as an all-time favourite of mine. I have loved Animal Crossing since I played my first AC game for the DS when I was about 7/8. But in April I found myself playing more Animal Crossing than usual.
This is because I finally went out of my way to purchase a GameCube controller and Animal Crossing for the GameCube. (I didn't need to buy a GameCube because you can play GameCube games on the Wii.) I have played the GameCube version of Animal Crossing on an emulator before but it definitely doesn't compare to having the actual game.
Plus, it was the only Animal Crossing came (apart from Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival) that I didn't have a physical copy of and so I needed it in my life.
On top of playing Animal Crossing for the GameCube, I have also just been playing a lot of my other Animal Crossing games in general. I don't know what it is about the games I love so much I just love every part of it. And so I'm super excited for Nintendo to release it's next Animal Crossing game.
Also, if you're wondering why I haven't gotten Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival, it's because it's for the Wii U and I don't have a Wii U. And also because it's a spin off game and therefore I don't feel like I can justify buying a new console for a spin off game. I also don't have money for the Amiibo Figures although I think they are really cute.

And so, those are all my favourites for the month of April. I was about to type my usual YouTube outro here but I realise that doesn't make sense in a blog post haha. But I hope you guys enjoyed reading about my favourites, let me know in the comments what your favourites were for last month and I should be back with a monthly favourites video (hopefully) next month!
~ Courtney x

You Might Also Like

0 comments