Goodbye Glee

18:02

So I just watched the last ever episode of Glee and I cried...
I didn't really think I would get this emotional about it. But when I look back I realise Glee has been a big part of my life. I haven't been around since the pilot episode, I got introduced to it about halfway through the first season and since then I've been in love with it.
I know the show has had it's ups and downs...there were times when the seasons weren't going so well and you kind of just wanted to give up with it all together but I am so glad I stuck with it. In the end it redeemed itself and made you remember why you loved Glee in the first place.
To be honest...I'm not really sure how to describe how I'm feeling, I'm just sort of all over the place. I mean I have literally grown up along side this show since it began in 2009 and I was about 12...it's been a long journey since then. And I think the show had a lot of important messages about equality and being who you are and I think that was one of the most important things to have when you are growing up...especially as a teenager.
I think having the show around definitely helped me become who I am and be more open minded to things because not everyone is going to be like you.
With so much diversity on the show there's at least one person you can relate to and that's really important especially if you are feeling alone. Glee was always a place where you felt like you belonged and I feel like I needed that sometimes because not everyone understands what you're going through.
So I guess this blog post is just my Thank You to the show. A thank you for everything because it's been such an amazing show to watch and I can't have imagined it being any better than it was.
It's been an incredible journey to watch and I know I'll never forget it. I know I'll still 9 times out of 10 choose the Glee version of a song over the original and I know I'll still think about Cory Monteith from time to time...I know that this is a show that will never get old for me. And I just hope it never gets old for anyone else either.
I mean I feel like there is so much more that I could say but I honestly don't know how to put it into words. I just think it's been an amazing show and that if you've ever felt like you didn't belong or that you were different it's the perfect show for you.
So goodbye Glee, thank you for everything, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you taught us some valuable life lessons and you will forever live on our hearts <3
~ Courtney x


You Might Also Like

0 comments