Gossip Girl

13:00


Hey Upper East Siders,
I just finished watching Gossip Girl...again. I discovered the TV show back at the end of 2012 and since then I have been in love.
The show has everything I love, drama, scandal, fashion, cute boys, and most of all New York.
I think another reason why I liked the show is because it reminded me of Pretty Little Liars. I discovered PLL first and so the idea of an anonymous person exposing the main characters' secrets was something I was already familiar with. However, on Gossip Girl, the anonymous character was not out to hurt any of the characters.
But yes, the Upper East Side always seemed like the place to be. Everyone there is super rich and attend fancy parties where they get to dress up all the time and be fabulous. Who wouldn't want that?
I fell in love with the characters almost instantly and the whole story just had me obsessed. Who was Serena van der Woodsen? Why did she go away to boarding school? Why is she back?
I was just so fascinated.

Spotted: Serena at Grand Central Station
Not to mention: I live for high school teen drama on TV shows. It's something I have always enjoyed. As long as it was happening on TV and not in my actual life, I could just not get enough.
I actually think Gossip Girl also resparked my love of blogging. And I couldn't even imagine what it would be like to run a blog about all the people I went to school with. It would be so scary if people even came close to finding out who you were.
Speaking of, this is something I still don't think I will ever get over: DAN HUMPHREY IS GOSSIP GIRL?

Oh Dan...
I loved watching the show and everyone thinking it was Dorota. Because I would have loved if it had been Dorota. I think we would have all loved if it had been Dorota haha.

Dorota, killing it, as usual
But Dan? I don't know. While it did make sense and I did think it suited the show to have Dan as Gossip Girl I also think some things didn't add up. I mean was Dan Humphrey really so tech savvy that he could send blasts while being in the same room as his fellow Upper East Siders and no one would notice? Did he have a secret second phone where he got the blasts sent to him?
I mean obviously once I found out it was Dan I had to rewatch the entire series and see if I could tell if it was him or not. And there are some major hints as to why it would be him. Including the very first episode when he is literally sitting looking at the Gossip Girl website.
But yeah. Dan Humphrey. Gossip Girl. I have to say I didn't see it coming. I guess because I was always imagining Gossip Girl as someone else. Who that person was, I have no idea. Sometimes it's better not to make guesses and get your hopes up in case the reveal isn't what you want. That's definitely something I have learnt from watching Pretty Little Liars.
Another thing I was not in love with was Serena and Dan getting together in the end. Part of me felt like after everything they had been through it would just not happen for them. Especially since Dan had that whole thing where he was in love with Blair. So I mean I was just hoping for something else to happen there. I'm not sure what I expected but it definitely wasn't that.
I also wish that season six had been a full season and not just ten episodes. Ten episodes in the final season was not enough. Although I think I will always wish for more Gossip Girl.
At least I can always rewatch the show to relive its fabulousness. One of the reasons why I was rewatching it recently is because I was preparing to go to New York and I wanted to get excited. And I thought it was really cool that Gossip Girl was actually filmed on location in New York and so I had to go and see the Upper East Side when I was visiting NYC.
And I got my wish.
I got to sit on the steps of the MET like Blair Waldorf and it felt amazing. I also got to see the Empire hotel and the Museum of the city of New York where they shot the exteriors of the high school the Gossip Girl cast attended. It was so surreal. Like the actors were there filming at one point. It was crazy.
I actually wanted to go on the Gossip Girl tour when I was in New York but due to timing I wasn't able to. I hope to go back to New York one day to experience it fully.

Spotted: Me, on the steps of the MET. I hope I didn't sit higher than Blair...
But yeah, I just wanted to make a little blog post talking about Gossip Girl. I actually did write blog posts about the show when I was watching it for the first time, like I said, Gossip Girl got me back into blogging. And so at the end of every season I would write a little blog post about what I thought of the characters that season. I haven't looked back at these posts since I made them but if you would like to check them out they are on my Tumblr blog.
I imagine they are pretty cringey as I wrote them 4 years ago but I think it's interesting to see my initial thoughts on the whole story.
As you can see I really immersed myself in this TV show at the time haha. Plus I think I got into it at just the right time because by the time I had made my way through the entire series, the last episode had only aired a week or two before I got to it. So when I made those posts the show was still relevant.
But right now, I'm not sure how relevant it is. To me it will always have a place in my heart though. It goes under the category of shows I can watch over and over again, it's right up there next to Friends.
Anyway, I think that's everything I wanted to say. I don't even know if there is any real flow to this blog post haha I just sat started writing and wanted to see what happened. Plus I wanted to make a post since I haven't blogged in a while.
I hope you enjoyed reading some thoughts I had on Gossip Girl. Like I said to find out more about what I thought you can check out my Tumblr and if you want to watch Gossip Girl they currently have the whole thing on Netflix. I would definitely recommend it.
~ Courtney x

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. My name is Joyce I would advise anyone and everyone who needs the help of any spell caster in Health, love marriage, finance, job promotion, lottery spell, poker spell, golf spell ,Law & Court case Spells ,money spell, weigh loss spell, diabetic spell, hypertensive spell ,high cholesterol spell, Trouble in marriage, Barrenness(need spiritual marriage separation),good Luck, Money Spells, if you are having health issues such as PCOS i believe his good in everything and that it's all he does or looking for breakthrough in your political career to meet this Dr Mandaiker his website holyaraminta.com And His email contact witchhealing@outlook.com for He is a Reliable and trustworthy man, is ready to help.

    ReplyDelete