My Amazing Race Season 28 First Impressions

14:36

The Amazing Race season 28. The social media themed season, where all teams are made up of Internet stars. It's safe to say I was really excited.
I actually started to watch the Amazing Race because YouTubers Joey Graceffa and Meghan Camerena competed in season 22 and then later in season 24. It was the first time I had ever watched the show and I really liked it. Which I was surprised about because I don't usually watch this type of show but I find that if you find one team per season that you really like you can really get into it.
And as soon as I found out that Tyler Oakley was going to be on this season of the Amazing Race I had already decided which team was going to be my favourite. Tyler Oakley is one of my favourite YouTubers. And so of course I am rooting for him 100%.
There is another YouTuber that I watch competing on this season too, Blair Fowler. She's a beauty guru that I like to watch and I also watch her sister Elle's videos too. I am rooting for her to go far in the race too however I am supporting Tyler a tiny bit more.
Aside from those two YouTubers and their partners, I don't recognise anyone else on this season of the Amazing Race. Oh - apart from Joslyn from Clevver TV. I used to watch Clevver TV's videos. But everyone else was completely new to me. I know it is a social media themed season so all these people are known on social media platforms but definitely not ones that I use. Like Vine stars are completely lost on me.
Anyway, I want to talk about each team individually to let you guys know how I feel about this season of the Amazing Race so far. As of now we are 3 episodes into the season and so I have gotten to learn a little bit more about each team.

Erin White Robinson and Joslyn Davis
Like I said before, I recognise Joslyn from Clevver TV on YouTube. Her voice is very memorable.
Anyway I like Erin and Joslyn. So far I don't have a lot to say about them. All I really remember is that Erin got really claustrophobic in the last episode which can be a problem. Especially if there are any more challenges that require them to be in small spaces.
I also think it was great how they work together with Blair and Scott. Although I can see them throwing them under the bus if they need to which could cause drama.

Darius and Cameron Benson
Vine stars. Never heard of them but they seem like cool guys. They seem to lack the competitiveness and drive that the other teams do though which has been shown on a few occasions. Which I guess ultimately lead to their elimination.
I mean I don't doubt that they are smart guys but if you aren't in it to win it as much as the other teams you will get lost in the dust.





Zach and Rachel King
More vine stars haha. Honestly, I don't really think they stand out in the competition for me yet. I don't know enough about them to really make a judgement. I think they came first in the first episode but I honestly don't remember.






Dana Borriello and Matt Steffanina
Dancers. Recently engaged.
I always worry for couples on this TV show because sometimes I think it could make or break them. And with these two...it seems like it could break them.
They are both very strong-headed when it comes to competition and they have been fighting a lot.
I wasn't expecting that because if they have a business together you'd think they'd work a lot better together but I guess we see as the race goes on.
I know sometimes couples fight on the race and it only makes them stronger. So let's hope it's the case with these two.




Marty Cobb and Hagan Parkman
I thought they were cute. Although one mistake caused them to be eliminated early on in the race.
One thing I will say about that is, after watching this show for a long time I know never to leave your taxi anywhere/make sure the taxi is going to stay there while you do the challenge. Because taxis are usually your downfall on the race.
Also they got really annoying towards the end when they just sort of gave up. So...yeah I don't have much else to say about them.

Kurt Gibson and Brodie Smith
Pro frisbee players? Well Okay.
These guys always seem to come middle of the pack and so to me they aren't very memorable. I don't know, that or they just don't have as big a personality as other people on the show.
It's so easy to fade into the background on this show because there are so many teams and they get eliminated easily. Hopefully these guys make a good impression by the end of the race.

Tyler Oakley and Korey Kuhl
I could write a novel on why I love these two so much. But I won't. All you need to know is that I'm biased towards them because of watching them on YouTube and listening to their Podcast.
Anyway, what really surprised me about them is that they are really good at these challenges. I mean I know they are really good friends and have worked together since graduating but I had no idea how good a team they were until now.
They are just so efficient and take no crap haha. I'm sure they will have their bumps on the road as they continue on the race but so far they seem to be plain sailing. And yes, they are the team I want to win. Just saying.

Jessica Versteeg and Brittany Oldehoff
Instagram models. Because that's a thing now.
I like them. They only really stand out because they are pretty. Like that's all I can say about them so far. They are pretty.
Again they are in the middle of the pack right now in the race so who knows how well they will actually do. Although being in the middle of the race is not neccessarily a bad thing, it could be the reason you end up in the final four.

Burnie Jones and Ashley Jenkins
YouTube gamers. And a super cute couple.
These two work well together too. I remember how they were in the last episode and they seem to have a really good relationship.
I can see them going far in the race.

Scott and Blair Fowler
Like I said before I watch Blair's videos and so I am biased towards her in this race as well. So I do hope she makes it far in the race.
Although part of me wishes that Blair was doing the race with her sister Elle because they both make videos, however I'm pretty sure Elle couldn't do the race because of when she injured her back.
Still I like this father daughter team. I think it's sweet that they help people when they can and I just hope that doesn't come back to bite them if someone decides to take advantage of that.
Also I'm pretty sure that if you were to remember anything about this season it's Blair's voice. She definitely has one of those voices that's very memorable.


Sheri and Cole LaBrant
Another vine star.
I think this mother and son team is also very cute. I also like that other teams are nice and help them out when they can although I know it won't last. As the competition gets smaller and smaller people will be less likely to help out teams like Sheri and Cole and so I wonder how they will do without any help later in the race.




And so those are my first impressions of all the Amazing Race teams on season 28! So far it's been a very entertaining season with all of my favourite one liners coming from Tyler and Korey.
If you guys are watching the Amazing Race this season then let me know your predictions, who do you think will win? As I've been saying the whole way through this blog post I hope Tyler and Korey win. And if not them then someone else who deserves to win. I mean it doesn't really matter. I always end up feeling like the people who win the race were the ones that deserved to win, even if I wasn't really rooting for them to begin with.
I will be sure to let you guys know my thoughts as the season progresses. I don't know if I will make another blog post like this but I always tweet about the episodes when I watch them. So if you are interested in knowing my thoughts on the race or any other TV show I am currently watching then feel free to follow me on Twitter. Or don't. I tend to tweet a lot haha.
~ Courtney x

You Might Also Like

0 comments