Results and The Future

08:15

Well, guys...
I did it.
I passed my A-Levels and I am going to university.
Who would have thought?
Well actually everyone I know. Everyone had so much faith in me haha. I also had faith in myself. I mean I know I worked hard. My mock grades gave me a lot of hope and so I knew that I would at least pass.
I didn't just pass, I exceeded what I thought I would do. I never know exactly what I'm going to get. I just knew I'd never get my mock grades they were too high.
For those of you who are wondering what my mock grades were they were 2 A*s and an A. I didn't actually get that but if I had I'm sure you would have heard about it haha.
My actual results were more realistic. I just always feel weird sharing them with people. I don't know why either, it's not like they are bad by any means I just don't feel like it's other people's place to know. Other than my friends and family.
So I don't think I'll share my real results.
Y'all just need to know I'm going in the right direction.
So, it is now 8 in the morning, I haven't slept and I'm just...content.
I don't know what else to say I mean I know I have to be down at the school in an hour to get my paper results - not the actual certificate but just the piece of paper that says what you got because, it's tradition.
I'll see my friends, we will go and celebrate. We can enjoy the rest of our summer without having to worry about the future. We have a plan. And it's great.
I'm so nervous about university, though...It's going to be so different from secondary school. I mean I have been doing the whole school system thing for 14 years of my life and so to do anything else seems strange...
I know I'll adapt, but initially it just seems scary. It is also exciting, I mean it will be good to meet people who have the same interests as me and to begin focusing on learning about something I'm interested in.
It'll be exciting to be in a new learning environment and to have that "university experience".
I guess I just have mixed emotions about it now. I mean for the longest time I didn't even know if this was something I really wanted. Being thrown into the process of applying to university and having to choose a course wasn't exactly what I thought. It stressed me out a lot knowing that this one choice would determine my whole life.
Although as time went on I knew this was the right decision. I know what I want to achieve in the future and this will be something that will help me along the way. I know not everyone chooses university as their next option after school but for some, it is the right choice. But that's a choice I needed to make on my own, I had to know it was right for me and not right because someone pushed me into it. And I think that's the most important thing about this whole thing, your future has to be your choice, no one else's.
So the future does indeed look bright.
I have no idea how university will actually go for me. If I'll love it or hate it or just be okay with it. I just know it's where I'm going for the next four years. So I better saddle up.
Wish me luck!
~ Courtney x

You Might Also Like

0 comments