Nashville Season 3 Finale

15:51

I am hysterical.
WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS TO US?!
I don't know why but it took this show way too long to get good. At least for me. Season one was kind of boring and season two got more interesting but this season...things blew up completely and I am both really happy and really devastated about that.
So if you don't know what Nashville is about it's basically about country singers in Nashville. Which sounds boring but trust me, it can get very dramatic and things aren't always as they seem. I mean I never really knew so much drama could come out of something like this but oh my God. It's just...so much. I feel like I need to start giving details so if you don't want spoilers now would be a good time to stop reading...
So I think the best place to start is Deacon. He's been having dreams about dying. Um...not good. He is freaking out because he is finally about to get his liver transplant but what if something goes wrong?
Now, this whole season I have been trying to remain positive about the whole Deacon thing. I mean things haven't been great for him since the start of the show and I just need him to be happy and healthy and live! He finally has the family he has always wanted with Rayna and I really don't want to see him go.
I am so glad his sister agreed to give him the liver transplant. I mean I really don't like Deacon's sister because she is a real bitch but if she is going to save Deacon's life I can deal with her. Which is how I feel everyone feels about her. Like, I know it's not just me.
Oh so you know...Deacon and his sister go into surgery and everyone is feeling really positive that everything is going to turn out okay but...just like Deacon's dream something is wrong a heart monitor is dropping and I'm freaking the fuck out. DEACON CANNOT DIE OKAY. I refuse to let that be a thing. If he dies I'll actually be so upset and I refuse to believe it.
I mean as it was happening I had this idea, what if it wasn't Deacon's heart monitor that went down but his sister's? Which is also terrible but because she isn't a main character it wouldn't be as devastating. I know that makes me sound like a horrible person, but that's just how I feel. I don't want to lose Deacon.
Plus I don't even know how Maddie would feel if Deacon died. Like that would just be heart-breaking.
Deacon and Rayna at the hospital
But that's not the only problem that Rayna's family have right now. There's also Teddy's situation.
To be honest, for the longest time I didn't think a lot about Teddy. I thought he was always a nice guy and always tried to do the right thing and then as the show went on I began to feel really sorry for him. His life was just not going anywhere and he got involved with Jeff Fordham - which is NEVER a good idea and ended up in some trouble.
And from there he just kept spiralling and eventually he was caught up in a scheme and was facing some time in prison which, as the mayor is not a good thing. So he agrees to work undercover until he finds out he would be implicating Rayna's sister and Rayna and her record label. So Teddy decides to stop working undercover and ends up getting arrested.
It was horrible because he asked if he could have a few days to explain himself to Rayna and his daughters but he wasn't allowed that and he was just whisked off...
I mean I feel so bad for him. It makes me really sad he got in this dark place. And I don't even know what's going to happen when Rayna and the girls actually find out. I mean they have been so busy with Deacon's situation that they haven't really seen much of Teddy. I just hope he can get out of the situation.
Teddy getting arrested...
Moving on to someone who is also going through something traumatic... Juliette. It really does just feel like everyone is going through some kind of crisis in this episode. But Juliette is seriously going through something and I'm really worried about her. And more so, I am worried about Avery and the baby.
I mean I kind of thought Juliette would be a better mother to her daughter after what happened between her and her mother, but things didn't exactly go that way. Instead, it seems Juliette has a severe case of Postpartum Depression.
Since the start of the show Juliette has been one of my favourite characters but recently she hasn't been and it's because she's going through this really bad phase and she's become a monster. She doesn't care for Avery or the baby at all and it's all about her getting her career back.
And it's kind of always been that way for Juliette because she always needs the spotlight, but I feel like it's 10 times worse now. Especially since when everyone stepped in to give her an intervention she walked out and then ended up firing her manager and turning to Jeff Fordham.
I mean seriously? Jeff AGAIN?! I hate Jeff so much, but we'll get to him later.
If I'm honest I thought Juliette would have wised up after she almost hit Avery and the baby with the snow globe. I mean she really has lost it and Avery was right to leave her. I just wonder where he will go. And I am so glad Avery has stepped up because he used to be a total douche in season one. I guess it just shows how much people change.
All I can hope is that Juliette realises what she's doing. I mean I definitely think it was a mistake to go to Jeff Fordham and an even bigger mistake screwing over Rayna by signing with Luke's record label. I mean I like that she's back because I did miss her while she was pregnant, but now all I want is for her to get some help and to realise what she's doing.
"Happy family"
Jeff Fordham
Moving onto Jeff Fordham...oh how I hate him. He's like the worst character on the show. And what's worse, he's managing Layla Grant and he's seriously hurting her.
Like he has banished her from the outside world because she can't handle the criticism and is controlling her whole life. And the sad part is, Layla still believes he's doing the right thing by her. Which in some ways he might be, he might be doing good things for her career but her emotional wellbeing not so much. I mean I feel like Layla has been through enough emotional damage with being married to a gay guy for a whole season but this...no. Just no. Jeff leave her alone!
I mean Layla found out Jeff was the one that got her kicked off Jade's tour and she attacked his car with a golf club. I mean I seriously thought she was going to do some real damage and then I got so scared when Jeff took the golf club from her...Like I just see Jeff doing something so horrible to her and I just don't want to see it happen.
I really just think Layla needs to spend some time away with Jeff and with some people that really care about her. Which I know is hard for her since she doesn't really have anyone, not even Rayna because she's been dealing with Deacon...
Layla attacking Jeff's car with a golf club
As for Jeff, I can't believe he accepted Juliette's offer about him being her manager and got her signed with Luke. Like I just don't need this. Jeff has hurt so many people and I know this thing with Juliette will explode and just…ugh. People need to stay away from Jeff.
And he's not even like the other characters on the show who have changed, he's still the same. And I find it hard to believe he cares for Layla because of the way he is and I just…need him banished. Plus he's the reason why Teddy is in trouble with the police. He's just an awful person.
Moving away from that and onto something a little bit lighter, Scarlett and Gunnar.
These guys have been through so much this season and I really don't know whether I want them to get together or not.  I mean they are back singing as a duo like they were originally and the song they wrote in this episode was really good but...I thought Scarlett was happy with her doctor boyfriend and Gunnar was trying to figure out what he had with Kiley.
Plus I wanna know if Scarlett and Gunnar actually kissed. I mean they left so many cliff-hangers in this episode that I can't wait for season four.
I mean I guess I would be happy either way with those two. Together or not I'd be happy. I mean I used to ship them a lot but then I saw how happy Scarlett was with her new boyfriend and I thought maybe not...
But you never know. I feel like Scarlett and Gunnar will get back together but who knows if it'll last. I mean at this point I'm just glad nothing too tragic has happened to either of them and they are okay right now. Like on the drama scale, they are pretty low...
Scarlett and Gunnar's possible kiss?!
Now moving onto the best and happiest news of the whole episode. Will Lexington finally came out!
You have no idea how HAPPY this makes me! After all this time denying it and having secret hook-ups he's finally told the world and I am so glad.
I mean Luke is not happy because he had no idea of the situation before it exploded, but that doesn't matter.
I am so glad Will has told everyone and can now be free. Plus he's in love and it's so cute and he definitely deserves it after everything he has been through. Like I am so over the moon about this. It was the happiest thing to happen in the whole episode.
Now if Will could just leave Luke's record label and hop over to Highway 65 that would be great.
Plus I thought my reaction to Will coming out was great...and then I went on Twitter and I saw Clare Bowen's reaction:

Her reaction just made me so happy too. I mean I feel like that's how we all felt really haha. It was just a really great moment on the show because we have been seeing Will struggle with his sexuality for so long and he's finally been able to tell the world and I love it. It's so great. I mean I really have no words about it I just think it's amazing that he doesn't have to hide anymore.
And that concludes my thoughts on the Nashville season finale!
There was a lot, I know, but that's just how much that happens on the show. And I used to think this show was boring. Season three definitely stepped it up. I mean this season has just been a roller coaster and by the end of the finale episode I was feeling like the world is ending. At least on this show it was.
Now the only thing to do is sit back and wait. Which kills me because it means all my shows are ending for the summer. Even Vampire Diaries is ending this week and Elena is leaving so that's another show that's going to leave me an emotional wreck...
WHY DO I GET SO ATTACHED TO TV SHOWS?! On the bright side... PLL comes back next month...
Anyway I'm gonna go now...probably cry over fictional characters on a show or something but please leave me a comment letting me know what you thought of the Nashville finale if you watched it and I'll be back soon with a new blog post, probably about Nina Dobrev leaving the Vampire Diaries...but we'll see.
~ Courtney x

You Might Also Like

0 comments