Failing at Being a YouTuber

23:14

So I guess there is no right or wrong way to be a YouTuber. But lately I have been feeling that I have not been doing my best and so I thought it would be best to make a video explaining why...apart from the fact when I tried to film the video I could not talk properly and explain what I wanted to say very clearly. And so after take 105 (give or take one or two) I decided to give up and make a blog post about it.
Sometimes things are easier to express through written word rather than spoken word. Especially if you are having a day like me.
And so...below is what is going on with me and my YouTube channel right now. I hope you understand.

My Let's Plays
The first video I posted on YouTube was a Let's Play video. That was how I wanted to start making YouTube videos. I thought if I became confident with that I could go on to make other types of videos. And while I have been making new content, I have always stuck by my Let's Plays. Until now it seems.
I know I haven't posted a new Let's Play in over a month and for that I really feel bad about. It's always in the back of my mind as something I should do but lately I haven't had the time or energy....
I don't know if anyone else has tried to film a Let's Play but the way that I do it, I usually play for about an hour to 40 minutes...and then I spend about twice as long editing.
I have to admit there's not a lot of editing involved in my Let's Plays but it is still a lot of work. Especially when you are trying to do school work at the same time and you don't actually sleep very much because you're addicted to the internet.
Also I am a bit hesitant to go back to my Let's Plays as my computer has recently been having issues and had to be reset to its factory settings. I did do a backup of everything before this took place and everything has been reinstalled but I have a horrible feeling that I didn't backup my save games correctly which could mean restarting.
This isn't such a huge thing for my Sims 4 Let's Play but it is for my Animal Crossing one...
I guess we'll find out soon as I plan to get back on my Let's Plays as soon as possible. Hopefully I backed everything up correctly. I wouldn't want to be starting from scratch.

Birchbox Unboxing
I would just like to put it out there that my next Birchbox Unboxing will be my last. I have decided to cancel my Birchbox subscription due to the fact that recently the products they have been sending me I don't actually use. I usually end up giving them to my sister and so it doesn't really benefit me. And because I have been paying it with my own money I think it would be better to stop the service if I am not getting anything out of it anymore.
I will miss getting a package every month and not knowing what's inside but I really just don't think I need it....But it was nice while it lasted. :)

Everything Else
So I know I haven't been consistently posting videos at all...and while I like to think I have some sort of schedule in my head I really don't. My ideal would be that I could post 5 videos a week like I did over summer but I know that's not realistic. Other than that I don't really have plans for a schedule.
I think the reason I don't like to schedule my videos is because I don't want to be posting loads of pre-recorded videos. I like to have my videos going up as soon as I film them or a few days after. Otherwise I feel like they are no longer relevant...
As for my Let's Play schedule of only posting them on Monday...I feel like that's just out the window. I haven't been posting Let's Plays on Monday for a long time now and I've come to realise that I will probably never get them up when I say they should go up.
I just don't think I'm the type of person to do scheduled videos....
Sometimes I'll feel like filming a bunch of videos, sometimes I can barely get two words out before I am stumbling over my words and struggling think of what to say next. There really is no in between.
So I hope that you enjoy the random times I choose to post videos.
I think that only a few people can actually get away with posting randomly whenever they want but I hope I can be one of them. I don't want to be limited to a schedule. Especially one I know I won't stick to...

And so yeah...I think that's everything. If you have been following me on Twitter you have probably been learning more about these things as they have been happening but I know it's kind of hard to follow my actual life between my fangirl tweets. But I hope this cleared some things up.
Like I said this would have been a YouTube video but I really struggled to film it so I decided to it this way instead.
If you guys like this type of blog post let me know and maybe I'll do more. Sometimes I think it's a lot easier to write a blog post rather than trying to film a video. At least this way my hair doesn't have to look good, the lighting can be terrible and I could be in my pyjamas for all you know haha.
Still, I promise that there are more videos to come, I still have some pre-recorded to share with you and this will allow me to film some more videos.
So yeah, thanks again for hearing me out on these things. I promise I won't make excuses like this all the time but I feel like there were just some things that needed explaining.
If you guys have any more questions or queries feel free to leave me a comment or tweet me or something, I do read everything. And until next time, I'll see you in my next blog post. :)
~ Courtney x

You Might Also Like

0 comments